Monday, April 4, 2011

truman paper


“Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!”  is one of the many memorable quotes from the enjoyable and thought provoking movie, The Truman Show. I liked the movie because it had great actors, a good story and good music.
Music is important in all movies and shows, without it it would be plain like a black and white movie. Music contributes a lot to the mood of a movie. Speedy and loud music makes action scenes that much more tense. If scary movies had no music then it wouldn’t even be all that exciting or frightening. For scenes in the movie, the music sets the mood and feeling. The music stops during the part where Truman reaches the wall to dramatize the “end”. I also liked the Truman sleeps song with the piano. It was soothing and kind of beautiful. The movie and music deserved to win the golden globe award.
The movie makes you think a lot. This movie is realistic in a way because of internets sites like twitter and facebook and myspace, but they don’t show that much video and they don’t show every second of the person’s life. The people also get to choose what is seen or heard. I guess in a way the Truman Show is similar to todays reality shows and mtv. However there is a big difference; the people on mtv know that they are on camera and the shows seem very scripted and fake to me. If there was a show like this I would watch it. It would be highly unlikely in real life to have a show like the Truman show because how would they not know about that many camera’s and it would cost way too much, how would they build a mini world. Also the show would not be that exciting. I do like the concept of the movie and I thought it was enjoyable to watch.
I liked how the movie ended. I liked how it was ambiguous and was left up to the viewer to interpret the ending. I liked how Truman was able to escape the world that was created for him and became free of Christofs control. I also liked the humor that was incorporated by the two security guards. It also reminded me of how quickly people can be forgotten which is kind of sad. I liked how the movie went in a full circle. Truman says the same quote in the beginning and the end. I did want to see what happened to Truman and Sylvia though. The viewers probably went back to doing their own thing or went to watch another show.
The movie was really good and I’ve never seen anything like it before. It makes you wonder what if people actually made a show like that or if your life is scripted or something. Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment